power of prayer, yes please

| On
6:41 PM
Even the most minute answered prayers make me smile. God must be a humorous one, after all He instilled it in us and we are modeled after Him. For me, prayer can be like a phone call to my mom, all the spur of the moment thoughts included.  Naturally, the bible tells us to pray without ceasing. I try and probably get a little too close at times. Then Ecclesiastes 5:2 pops in with “don't be hasty in bringing matters before God. After all, God is in heaven, and you are here on earth. So let your words be few” (NIV). It seems to be a tug of war between the two for me. Thankfully, God takes me as I am, words and all.
Last night, dinner inspiration was at a low but I needed something, so I started flipping through the cookbook from my latest library adventure; I am trying to broaden my cooking skills and dress up our usual dinner menu. Two weeks ago Nugget had eggplants on sale and without really knowing if I liked them or how to cook them, the first eggplant entered my kitchen. Thank you Google for the awesome eggplant parmesan recipe. As it turns out, I do like eggplant but I digress.
As I turned the pages of the book, I said a little prayer for God to direct me to a recipe Ricardo would enjoy. I stumbled upon grilled cheese Panini style, an old favorite of ours and it was decided. Of course, grilled bell peppers and chipotle mayonnaise would be added, as well. Immediately after I decided this, the phone rang and Ricardo told me we should have grilled cheese for dinner. It made me laugh.
I LOVE how God works. I know this is not some miraculous healing or life changing occurrence but it is God hearing little ol me and answering my little prayers. He does have an awesome track record for doing so. There really is nothing like the little things in life that make me smile. Thank you God for being so faithful.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9