a note of thanksgiving.

| On
5:00 AM
I am thankful that God has not left me where I was but keeps moving me forward in to deeper and more meaningful relationship, which keeps changing me for the better. I am thankful to look back at my failures and short comings and know that it is not who I am now. I am thankful for progress and pushing and challenging and knowing that only by God's mercy + grace am I able to put one foot in front of the other.

I am thankful for the chaos and the crazy because I am able to embrace and savor the stillness that much better - being able to bask in his goodness in both and see that he good.



I am thankful for the colorful leaves that are piling on the grass in my backyard and slowing turned crunchy and brown because it is proof time is ticking and a reminder not to waste it and just how beautiful a creator God is. And I get to witness his handy work each day. Leaf by leaf. Lesson by lesson.



I am thankful for the two littles that constantly grab my feet and yell mama from the other room because God created them for me. Just for me. For me to care for and love. To share in eye color and mannerisms and dance parties. And to make me ever braver and stronger and more patient still.


I am thankful for a husband to handles my crazy self with constant grace and encouragement, more than I could ever give myself. Who pops kettle corn and cooks for me just because. Who gives me breaks and tells me to stop because sometimes I do not know when to sit down. Who constantly teaches me to keep giving and serving because that is what we are here to do.


Praying you find yourself doing more thanking than complaining or compairing as the year rounds out and that your eyes are opened to all the blessings around you. That your eyes would be met with new and beautiful things that point you to the creator. Praying that despite your circumstance, your heart would start cultivating thankfulness and be ever renewed.


Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
 give thanks to him and praise his name. 
Psalm 100:4